|Date Posted||August 31, 2018|
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Solutions, RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 10 states across the nation from California to Florida.
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for five straight years and a WaterSense© Partner of the Year for four consecutive years.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages all functions of the construction job site as it relates to building quality residential homes. Supervise construction from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence through the KB 2020 business model. Ensures quality assurance and customer satisfaction are maintained throughout the construction process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Construction/Cycle Time/Home Readiness:
- Plan and direct trade partners in the construction and completion of quality residential homes with strong commitment to executing the KB 2020 business model and to 100% Complete/100% Satisfied standard.
- Responsible for timely milestone completion (slab to frame, frame to mechanical, mechanical to drywall, drywall to cabinet and cabinet to final).
- Ensure consistent application of "Even Flow" production, homes started, poured, framed, drywalled, trims and final by efficiently utilizing centralized scheduling and daily status reporting.
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to final. Manages, informs and trains trade partners regarding company policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA compliance.
- Approve trade partner's purchase orders and invoices for assigned homes, while ensuring completion of work in a quality and timely manner adhering to Scopes of Work.
- Monitor home and community cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up.
- Interact with Studio, Purchasing and DUP and consider their input/deadlines during the process to ensure timely quality construction.
- Continually strive for superior CSI ranking in specific market > 95%.
- Responsible for executing all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off before COE by the customer.
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final COE process.
- Deliver Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with buyers to reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process.
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home.
- Participate in Community Teams, and take ownership of construction matters/issues. Works directly with the sales team with an emphasis in teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Safety & Quality Standards:
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations.
- Facilitate weekly safety meetings with staff and trade partners
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provides daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of SWPPP for the construction site.
External Partnerships (trade partners, municipalities, building officials):
- Ensures that every trade partner adheres fully to their Scope of Work
- Drives the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes and interacts with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of construction experience in homebuilding or related real estate industry, or applicable construction management training required
- 2 – 5 years of construction experience with a production homebuilder preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service programs.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Ability to respond to emergency calls or other issues during off-hours
- Local travel required within designated region – Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!