|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
Sr. Painter – Elkton, VA
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
Repairs, protects and beautifies various interior and exterior surfaces in client facility providing painting and minor Carpentry work.
- Completes other various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or designee.
- Uses various wall covering techniques and remedies to complete project.
- Removes furniture, equipment, shelving, fixtures, etc. from work area. Installs and/or repairs drywall and plaster. Applies corner beads, tapes, patches, sands, strips, washes and primes surfaces, returns areas to working order when project is completed.
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Must use tools and equipment appropriately while contributing to a safe working environment.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in multiple areas such as painting and carpentry
- The job requires skill reflecting knowledge of several technical fields that include a thorough understanding of the techniques and principles and ability to modify or adapt them as needed. Specific technical skills required include:
- Painting – interiors and exteriors
- Hanging wall coverings
- Hanging and finishing drywall and plaster
- Estimating projects and ordering materials
- Depending on location, additional technical skills include:
- Tile installation
- Furniture finishing
- General computer skills required
- Experienced painter/paperhanger
- Maintenance experience
- Carpentry experience
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Regularly lift, move and/or carry up to 10 pounds; Frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform overhead work often while balanced standing on a ladder.
- Bend, kneel, twist and reach to get to areas difficult to access and/or confined areas like closets, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
What you can expect from us –
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.