|Date Posted||September 11, 2018|
Jacobs Tidewater Operations Group (JTOG) is the eastern Virginia operating segment of Jacobs Engineering, one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional and technical services. We provide a variety of services including Engineering and Construction Services, Asset Management, Facility Operations to local commercial and government clients. Our Engineering and Construction Services includes Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Design. We specialize in highly technical engineered solutions for manufacturing, testing and research applications like wind tunnels. Our capabilities also include Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Our Asset Management include the full suite from the day to day hands on maintenance to implementing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to performing Facility Condition Assessments and Asset Management Assessments. Our Facility Operations provides Facility Managers and Operators to ensure facilities are maintained and operated as designed to deliver optimal performance.
U. S. citizenship required. Six years' experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training in a designated field, craft, or trade that can be documented by a certificate or diploma from a reputable organization, school, or trade program. Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Must put safety at the forefront and follow all applicable guidelines.
- Must be knowledgeable in surface preparation of metal, wood, drywall and other painted surfaces.
- Knowledgeable in coating applications to include acrylics, oil paint, stain and epoxy systems.
- Color matching and paint mixing are required.
- Drywall finishing, spray painting and water blasting ability required. Some general cross-crafting (i.e. replace ceiling tiles, minor drilling, and cleaning skills) are required.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and be able to work at different heights.
- Being able to operate a bucket truck, JLG lift, and scissor lift is desirable.
- Basic mechanical knowledge desired.
Test environment-May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities (90%).
Travel between various facilities and during test operations required and may bring exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operations (10%)
Visual and physical (hands on) contact of test related systems, hardware and articles.
Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl, and lift up to 45 lbs (100%).
Ability to distinguish basic colors (10%).
Corrected vision and hearing at all times (100%)
Must be able to use the following:
Platform or A-frame ladders up to 12 Ft (30%)
Extension ladders up to 24 Ft (10%)
Personal or one man aerial lifts up to 30 Ft. (10%)
Articulating or boom aerial lifts up to 35 Ft. (10%)
Equipment and Machines
Will use hand tools/power tools/mechanical/electrical control devices. (40%)
Personal computers and related equipment (20%).
Safety and personal protective equipment (100%).
Regular attendance mandatory (100%).
Occasional overtime/work outside normal schedule may be required (