|Date Posted||July 8, 2019|
We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint building interior and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Completes other various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or designee.
- Uses various wall covering techniques and remedies to complete project.
- Removes furniture, equipment, shelving, fixtures, etc. from work area. Installs and/or repairs drywall and plaster. Applies corner beads, tapes, patches, sands, strips, washes and primes surfaces, returns areas to working order when project is completed.
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Must use tools and equipment appropriately while contributing to a safe working environment.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Position will primarily sit at the Woodcliff Lake location but will travel to Jersey City and Nazareth often and possibly other locations from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of relevant experience
Minimum 5 years progressive experience in multiple areas such as painting and carpentry
Skills and knowledge
- The job requires skill reflecting knowledge of several technical fields that include a thorough understanding of the techniques and principles and ability to modify or adapt them as needed. Specific technical skills required include:
- Painting – interiors and exteriors
- Experience in Epoxy paint
- Hanging wall coverings
- Hanging and finishing drywall and plaster
- Depending on location, additional technical skills include:
- Tile installation
- Furniture finishing
- Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed.
- Experience in controlled working environments a plus.
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
- General office maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, and repair office furniture systems.
- Assists other operational staff members in repair and maintenance of building equipment.
- Complies with policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- General computer skills required
- Experienced painter/paperhanger
- Maintenance experience
- Carpentry experience
Must have valid driver’s license
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Regularly lift, move and/or carry up to 10 pounds; frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform overhead work often while balanced standing on a ladder.
- Bend, kneel, twist and reach to get to areas difficult to access and/or confined areas like closets, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.