|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
This position has a strong focus on maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all Mechanical Systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting and be multi-skilled in other areas (plumbing, electrical) in order to successfully complete daily / weekly work assignments.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Regular and predictable attendance required to provide service to client and team
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems / malfunctions and make recommendations to management on the corrective action as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical HVAC system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean-up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any equipment problems, impending supply or material shortages to site leadership.
- Completes various duties related to Painting, Carpentry, Flooring, Cabinetry, plumbing, roofing and related tasks, under the direction of the supervisor and/or designee.
- Removes furniture, equipment, shelving, fixtures, etc. from work area. Installs and/or repairs drywall and plaster. Applies corner beads, tapes, patches, sands, strips, washes and primes surfaces, returns areas to working order when project is completed.
- Inspects various damaged surfaces (e.g., plaster, drywall, water-damaged areas, ceiling and wall cracks) for remodeling.
- Must use tools and equipment appropriately while contributing to a safe working environment.
- General building maintenance duties including but not limited to Painting – interiors and exteriors; hanging wall coverings; Hanging and finishing drywall and plaster; Estimating projects and ordering materials; Framing; Plumbing; Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers; Maintain lightbulbs / change ballasts.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience (painter/paperhanger, building maintenance experience, Carpentry)
- Ability to use technology to include MS Office products, smartphone, computer, web applications
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Regularly lift, move and/or carry up to 10 pounds; Frequently lift, move and/or carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Perform overhead work often while balanced standing on a ladder.
- Bend, kneel, twist and reach to get to areas difficult to access and/or confined areas like closets, crawl spaces, attics, etc.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.