|Location||Bloomfield Hills, MI|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2017|
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel Management, Inc., is seeking a Building Maintenance Custodian for its beautiful Bloomfield Hills corporate offices. The Building Maintenance/Custodian reports to the Facilities Manager and performs a variety of maintenance and custodial tasks in and around the corporate office building in the interest of maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe working environment while maintaining and preserving the value of the asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Performs preventive and general maintenance at the facility including minor carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repairs, as needed. Previous experience with these responsibilities is required.
- Responds to all building service requests and makes or schedules repairs as necessary.
- Reports and responds to building emergencies and alarm calls.
- Schedules, coordinates, directs, and performs custodial maintenance of the facility.
- Supervises the performance of the building cleaning contractor to ensure compliance with the contract specifications.
- Moves office furniture as necessary, sets up and takes down equipment, hangs wall furnishings, etc.
- Vacuums, shampoos and spot cleans carpet as necessary.
- Uses power equipment as necessary including power washers, carpet cleaning machines and small power tools.
- Applies pesticides as needed and in conformance with manufacturer specifications.
- Cleans the interior and exterior building windows according to the schedule and as necessary.
- Removes trash in accordance with the established schedule.
- Inventories and stocks office supplies, maintenance and custodial items, beverages, etc.
- Performs minor maintenance of plumbing fixtures including faucets, drains, water filters, lavatory fixtures, etc. and schedules and supervises contractors to perform the same.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance including replacement of light fixtures, lamps, ballasts, etc. and schedules and supervises contractors to perform the same.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and repairs to the building mechanical equipment including tracking all maintenance and replacing filters in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Schedules, coordinates and supervises contractors to perform maintenance work on all mechanical and fire suppression systems.
- Monitors the building alarm system, coordinates service with the alarm company and responds to all alarm calls.
- Tracks, schedules and supervises all elevator maintenance.
- Performs minor repairs to the building irrigation system and schedules and supervises contractors to perform the same.
- Performs daily grounds inspections and groundskeeping as necessary.
- Performs snow removal and ice-melt application to all building service walks.
- Maintains the buildings entrances including performing maintenance to lock systems, door hinges, and door closers.
- Performs minor drywall repairs and finishing and repainting as necessary.
- Performs others tasks as assigned by the Facilities Director to assist other facilities managers.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a clean background. A full background check will be performed on all applicants under serious consideration. A valid drivers' license is also required for this position.