|Date Posted||July 24, 2018|
This full time position will be based out of our main lab in Tempe and will do hands on maintenance work for our various facilities throughout the Phoenix area. The ideal candidate will have experience and or general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and drywall or framing work and will want to work for a stable, award winning company.
We offer comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, 401K match and more. This position will primarily work in an indoor, air conditioned environment.
This position performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of utility systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building controls and etc. Exercises technical independence in determining work methods for urgent corrective, routine, preventative and requisitioned maintenance such as painting, drywall repair, flooring and mechanical functions. Inspects and tests systems and equipment in keeping with codes and manufactures recommendations. Performs manual duties as requested and assist as needed with other assigned tasks.
1. Operates and maintains hand tools and maintenance equipment. Uses shop equipment to design and develop miscellaneous parts when required.
2. Repairs and maintains various building controls consisting of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic mechanisms.
3. Performs light electrical, plumbing, welding, floor covering and drywall installations.
4. Estimates material needed to complete job order, records time and material used to complete the job.
5. Maintains a clean, neat, safe work environment, and complies with all safety directives.
6. Maintains adequate level of supplies.
Completion of apprenticeship training program in construction trades is desirable. Should have good practical mechanical and electrical knowledge with 2 years experience in construction, industrial or commercial building maintenance. The ability to read, write and speak English effectively is required. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. and ability to differentiate colors. Must be able to understand and comply with all applicable regulations and procedures. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to use all tools of the trade efficiently. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills. Valid Arizona’s drivers license.