|Location||North Ft. Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2018|
American Homes 4 Rent
Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, unique in the industry. As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has the youth of an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Lead Paint Technician leads a team that is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior painted areas, repairing areas (gutters, decks etc.) and keeping the home sealed and protected from the elements at AH4R properties. These tasks are essential in preventing damage to the homes by stopping water intrusion and absorption into the interior areas of the home and building materials. Without this protection, there could be thousands of dollars in damage and destruction to parts of the interior. A well painted home helps generate revenue by helping to lease more properties, reduces the days on market and adds to increased revenue. The Lead Paint Technician trains, coaches and mentors the Paint Technicians, schedules their work and serves as the project manager for all their assigned properties.
- Executes a professional standard of painting of both interiors and exteriors of AH4R properties; painting is done with electric powered airless paint sprayers, brushes and rollers
- Completes all scraping, sanding, priming, tapping, texturing and caulking to the existing finishes that are to be painted to remove loose materials and imperfections
- Mixes colors and comes up with the proper shades; decides upon the number of paint coats that will be required
- Cleans surfaces to be painted by hand or using a gas powered pressure washer on dirty exteriors (houses, driveways, decks etc.); prepares all areas of any paint job by covering or moving items and masking off any areas to prevent overspray; taping areas creates clean borders and also protects against spills, leaks, and drips along with covering all non-painted areas with automatic maskers, tape, masking paper, drop cloths and plastic
- Manages painting projects; surveys and assesses designated projects and jobsites; responsible for preparing cost estimates and recommends cost savings
- Keeps and maintains all OSHA certification training; maintains and updates all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) logs; keeps an accurate inventory count at all times; plans jobs in an effective manner to ensure optimum job efficiency and effectiveness; completes daily paperwork tracking job time and material costs; drives company vehicle to and from all job locations; to all job sites and back home.
- Assists in and performs safety training as needed initially and as a continual follows up where needed to ensure all technicians are trained on safety and practicing all safety steps daily including personal protective equipment (PPE) used and worn properly at all times
- Completes repairs to the property being painted including but not limited to stucco, siding, decks, porches, drywall, baseboards, gutters, fences, and other types of small and medium repairs; performs sheet rock preparation for paint; repair or install sheet rock; work is always completed using the proper tools and materials
- Performs clean-up of all projects after painting and appropriate drying time; ensures that all spills, overspray and taped surfaces are cleaned with soap and water or paint remover per product instructions; all drop clothes, masking paper, tape and plastic coverings are disposed of or cleaned and properly stored away
- Completes all necessary inspections of tools, ladders, extension cords, work areas and climbing equipment such as ladders and scaffolding; responsible for the correct use of all tools and equipment as well as training; supervising other painters on the proper use and safety of all tools and equipment
- Minimum of five (5) years of painting experience required to include:
- The correct and safe use of the following tools: airless paint sprayer, gas powered washer, electric saw (miter saw or similar), electric drill, electric sanders, ladders, scaffolding, paint rollers, paint brushes, extension poles, sanders etc. and the proper care and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Completing any repairs to the property being painted including but not limited to stucco, siding, decks, drywall, baseboards, gutters, fences, and other types of small and medium repairs.
- Daily use of standard methods, practices, tools, equipment, materials, hazards and safety precautions of the painting trade.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience managing direct reports required.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a paint lead, crew leader, paint foreman or similarly related experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Skype) recommended.
- Experience using an Apple iPad preferred.
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Painting Industry Certification or vocational training in any category below is highly desirable:
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)- painter levels 1-3
- Licensed house painter
- Lead paint certification
- Lead Abatement
- other qualified training in painting techniques or similar
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Two (2) or more years Journeyman experience as a painter preferred
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to operate and maintain the following equipment:
- airless paint sprayer, gas powered washer, electric saw (miter saw or similar), electric drill, electric sanders, ladders, scaffolding, paint rollers, paint brushes, extension poles, sanders, paint mixers, respirators and water / chemical proof suits, paint brush, roller, scraper, taping and bedding tools.
Work where you feel right at home –
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a constructive environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Related keywords –
Lead paint technician, painting, NCCER, journeyman, OSHA, PPE, supervisor, manager, tools, inspection, property management, full time