|Date Posted||August 7, 2018|
National Gypsum Company is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including Gold Bond® BRAND gypsum wallboard, ProForm® BRAND joint treatment products and PermaBase® BRAND cement board.
We have an immediate need for a Field Development Representative (Interior Finishing Products) in the Southwest Area (Texas based). This position will report to the IFP Market Manager.
The incumbent works primarily within specified sales area(s) in collaboration with the respective Area Sales Manager(s) and members of field sales. The focus is to market and sell IFP products directly to drywall finishers, owners and similar contractors in the field. This is accomplished through product demonstration and building relationships with key contractors and distributors. The majority of the incumbent’s time will be spent in the field working on jobsites and working to maintain and expand current customer base. In addition, the position will work closely with the Field Research Manager, at the direction of the Market Manager, to assist in product development, reformulation and evaluation of products; including competitive products.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
1. Build solid relationships with key drywall contracting firms in assigned areas.
2. Conduct “hands-on” product demonstrations on jobsites with key drywall finishers and contractors to convert them to NGC IFP products.
3. Have a detailed knowledge of both NGC and competitive IFP products, their performance characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.
4. Train NGC associates on the technical aspects and working characteristics of drywall interior finishing products and attend Area Sales meetings to discuss market issues and strategies
5. Report detailed market conditions, strategies and contractor conversion progress to Market Manager monthly
6. Work in close collaboration with the Field Research Manager to evaluate existing NGC products as well as competitive products and conduct field testing on new or re-formulated products.
7. Develop and implement a sales strategy with NGC field sales to include maintaining current sales, growing market share and introduction of new products
8. Work closely with general line sales team to formulate regional plan for contractor conversions
9. Work with contractors, sales team and IFP team to resolve jobsite questions about application and performance
• Fluent and conversant in both English and Spanish is required.
• 3 to 5 years as a drywall finisher or similar experience with a drywall tools manufacturer is required.
• 2 to 4 years of Sales Experience in construction/building material industry and contacts within the decision making process for IFP
• Overall strong verbal, written, and organizational skills in both English and Spanish
• Proven ability to conduct product demonstrations and speak comfortably in front of groups.
• Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
• 50 – 60% travel required.
Other Key Attributes Required:
• Must be able to perform effectively in an unstructured environment – work on the road, on jobsites and often alone with little direct supervision, be self-motivated.
• Be creative, able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions or situations but still achieving the objective.
• Should have an out-going personality, able to converse easily. Have a good command of both Spanish and English.
• Have strong self-organizational/planning skills, manage time effectively, ability to juggle several diverse assignments at once.
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
o 401(k) and match
o Retirement Account
o 10 paid holidays
o Life Insurance
o Short-term and long-term disability
o Flexible spending accounts
o Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
• And more…
Please apply online and answer the questions if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Employment Ready Applicants Only.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.