|Date Posted||August 27, 2018|
Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of ILG, Inc. develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel – enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you’re passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we’re passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort – 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.
A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
The Engineering Mechanic will be responsible for repairing and performing routine maintenance on property assets (i.e., villa appliances, drywall, electrical, plumbing. HVAC and other equipment).
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on electrical, plumbing, mechanical equipment, carpentry, painting, and appliances.
• Identify defects with tile, caulk, and wall covering.
• Perform repairs to electrical, plumbing, mechanical equipment, carpentry, painting, HVAC, appliances, flooring, and general building as stated in skill requirements.
• Follow all safety procedures and abide by all company and engineering policies when performing duties.
• Responsible for identification and/or repair of any safety hazards.
• Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition, and report any equipment failures to the Supervisor.
• Assist in keeping property free of debris and litter.
• Complies with the latest local, county, state, and federal government codes, laws, and insurance requirements.
• Clean pools and decks as well as test pool chemicals and adjust as needed.
• Respond promptly to guests’ questions, complaints, comments, and requests in a very courteous and professional manner, make guest recoveries and/or refer to management when appropriate.
• 2 years’ experience in carpentry and masonry field preferred.
• Experience with plumbing, drywall, HVAC, switches, circuit breaker panels and relays; wire instruments that control the power, lighting and heating units in buildings and for air conditioning and refrigeration units at a commercial level a plus.
• Must be mechanically inclined and problem solver.
• Trade school, or college training in Building Maintenance preferred.
• Occasionally exert up to100 pounds of force to move objects
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Must have ability to work flex shift, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain and/or maintain any required licenses, certificates or permits
We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.