|Date Posted||April 13, 2018|
Start a new career with Alpine Insulation , a part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market with 135+ locations serving the 48 continental United States. IBP has successfully grown through acquisitions and we continue to do so. Although installing insulation is our niche we are also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware.
Become a part of a growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills and build a career with Alpine Insulation!
IBP offers our employees a career with the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- On the Job Training
- Paid Certification (if applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Drywall Installer / Residential Painter is responsible for installing wallboards to ceiling or to the interior walls of the building / frame and applying plaster. Smooths out imperfections with trowel and shackle. Applies coats of compound after panels are mounted to walls or ceilings. Also can paint the interior wall and ceiling of the home to the correct painting application.
- Apply drywall to walls and ceilings
- Fasten drywall panels to the inside framework of buildings
- Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints
- Measure, cut, fit and fasten panels
- Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units and plumbing
- Repair damages in the drywall by completing patch work
- Mix paint coating with thinner and catalyst to correct mixture, using color mixture equipment
- Clean and inspect parts / walls prior to painting
- Apply coating with all types of spray equipment to meet coverage and gloss standards. Be able to correct errors in applications of all types of coatings
- Be able to mix and spray all products used
- Maintain a clean working environment, and dispose of scrap materials per each job
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 0-5 years' experience in construction industry, completing remodels or finish work with in a home
- Experience texturing a plus
- Proficient in using hand tools and power tools, including tape measure, laser level, and drill, paint brush and paint sprayer
- Able to climb up and down a ladder
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to perform basic math skills and read a tape measure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to work independently and or with a crew
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a valid driver's license to drive a company vehicle
Position requires a Drug Test and Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
- Drywall workers must be able to use common hand tools-trowels, brushes, knives, scissors, saws, pliers, and hammer.
- Drywall workers must be able to read job instructions and record materials to work order.
- Drywall workers must be able to work in tight places or in high places from ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to bend, twist and turn body at shoulders, waist and knees to handle and install drywall.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Works in a construction environment; able to adapt to weather conditions.