|Date Posted||October 16, 2018|
The working SPD Carpenter Foreman implements the Project Manager's plan for a project and maintains full control of all field matters.
CARPENTER FOREMAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The SPD Foreman should provide excellent customer service and be positive fostering a collaborative work environment.
- This position functions as a working superindendent.
- Manages all field activities on the project.
- Create look-ahead schedule to meet the project schedule.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and specifications.
- Establish and enforce project safety. Complete safety paperwork (inspections, toolbox talks) as required by our Client's Safety Program.
- Control quality of all work verifying workmanship to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Ordering and/or renting material and equipment as required.
- Conduct weekly subcontractor foreman meetings.
- Forward Request for Information (RFI's) to Project Manager.
- Review our Client's field purchases for quantity and quality.
- Order and manage supplementary labor as needed.
- Coordinate all permit inspections.
- Interface with Owner and Architect during job site visits.
- Assist in the field training of the Carpenters and Laborers.
- Maintain required field record keeping, including daily reports, photos, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Installation of drywall and framing including but not limited to metal and wood framing, blocking, drywall hanging, finishing, repairs, and drywall ceilings with associated framing systems.
- Installation and repairs to doors, frames, door hardware, and windows.
- Painting and finishes as required. (Includes new and repair work)
- Working from ladders, scaffolding, and lifts.
- Installation and modifications to millwork, cabinetry, and countertops.
- Other install activities as needed.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS A CARPENTER FOREMAN:
Must work in close collaboration with the office personnel and field personnel. Field staff may be, in addition to Subcontractors and Suppliers, SPD employees such as Carpenters and Laborers. The relationship must allow for open discussion and exchange of ideas and must not be adversarial.
- Must have 2-3 years experience in commercial construction.
- Must have experience managing subcontractors on commercial projects.
- High School diploma or GED.