|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned by Building Management.) NJ High Pressure Special Boiler Operators License required within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to read blueprints to determine location and size of structures.
- Selects specified type of materials.
- Assists in layout preparation.
- Erects framework for structures.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Applies sound-deadening and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware such as locks and kick plates.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for work above ground level.
- Lays out reference lines and points for use in computing location and position of metal framing.
- Measures, marks and cuts metal runners, studs and furring channels to specified size.
- Secures metal framing to walls and furring channels to ceilings.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on drywall.
- Scribes cutting lines on drywall and breaks board along cut lines.
- Fits and fastens board into specified position on wall.
- Cuts openings into board for electrical outlets, vents or fixtures.
- Measures, cuts, assembles and installs metal framing and doorways.
- Fits, aligns and hangs doors and installs hardware such as locks and kick plates.
- Mixes ceiling compound by hand or with portable electric mixer and spreads compound over joints between boards.
- Presses paper tape over joint to embed tape into compound and seal joint or tapes joint using mechanical applicator that spreads compound and embeds tape in one operation.
PAINTING AND WALLPAPERING
- Smooth surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with caulk, putty, plaster or other filler.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switchcovers from walls prior to painting.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings and covers surfaces such as baseboards, door frames and windows to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun or paint rollers.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Measures walls and ceiling to compute number and length of strips required to cover surface.
- Sets up pasteboard and erects scaffolding.
- Marks vertical guideline on wall to align first strip.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings.
- Fills holes and cracks with plaster.
- Removes paint, varnish and grease from surfaces.
- Applies sizing (thin glue) to waterproof porous surfaces.
- Measures and cuts strips from roll of wallpaper or fabric.
- Mixes paste to desired consistency and brushes paste on back of wallpaper or fabric.
- Trims selvage (rough edge) from strips.
- Places paste-coated strips on wall or ceiling to match adjacent edges of figured strips and smooth strips with dry brush or felt-covered roller to remove wrinkles and bubbles.
- Removes old paper with water, steam machine or chemical remover and scraper.
- Diagnoses and repairs non-operational locks and doors.
- Inserts new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.