|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
At City Club Apartments, creating incredible resident experiences is everyone’s responsibility. Regardless of job title, seniority, or whether we’ve had a coffee yet. We hire passionate, personable people and then give them the tools to build a career as unique as they are.
World-class properties, innovation, high-?ves, service, autonomy, community. If you’re nodding along right now, get in touch. We’d love to have you join the club.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Building Engineer who is ready for a new Challenge! The Area Building Engineer will travel to communities in the Minneapolis and Kansas City markets.
BEST in Market Base SALARY
25 DAYS of Paid Time Off
Health, Dental, Vision BENEFITS
COMPANY PAID Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD
401k Contribution Match up to 6%
The primary responsibility of the Area Building Engineer is to travel to and work at multiple sites within the City Club Apartment property portfolio to provide back-up support for any and all Maintenance Technicians within City Club Apartment Management. This position will take direction from the Property Manager and Chief Engineer at the community scheduled to work at.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to and work at multiple sites within the City Club Apartment property portfolio to provide back-up support for any and all Maintenance Technicians within City Club Apartment Management.
- Responsible for emergency rotating on-call support.
- Perform all site-level Preventative Maintenance duties.
- Assist with Market Ready’s and Service Requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC, plumbing, appliances, swimming pools, painting, electrical, irrigation systems, and carpentry.
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace.
- Shovels walks and sands or salts icy areas in the community.
- Communicates all maintenance concerns to the Property Manager and Chief Engineer of the community.
- Interacts amicably with residents, with a “service-minded” attitude.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
- Performs work to maintain curb appeal standards for grounds and landscaping, exterior and interior illumination, pool and spa, water features; and ensures high traffic areas are in excellent condition.
- Performs general maintenance work on vacated apartments to prepare them for the next resident, which may include: drywall repairs, electrical and carpentry, plumbing, installing new locks, tile-work, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Maintains and repairs the heating, ventilation, and cooling units within the apartment.
- Ensures routine service requests are completed within 24 hours; follows-up with residents to ensure the service request was completed to their satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots basic appliance repairs and identifies replacement and installation needs.
- Follows energy conservation guidelines and return climate control thermostats to the appropriate setting, including refrigeration units.
- Adheres to established policies related to the Fair Housing Act; conforms to all Federal, State and local inspections on equipment and systems as required; and follows OSHA, EPA and NFPA guidelines and standards.
- Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property are litter free, clean and presentable.
- Maintains consistent and timely attendance, sets an example for their co-workers in punctuality.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required; Vocational Training Certification and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience residential property management or multifamily community, high-rise environment, hotel or commercial building.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude, must score an 80% or higher on the pre-employment maintenance test.
- Previous plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience; and HVAC knowledge
- Valid driver license and must have reliable transportation
- EPA Type II or EPA Universal certification
- CPO certification is an asset
SKILL AND ABILITY
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call”.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply sound decision-making when assisting residents and contractors.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Possess dynamic attitude, superior customer service, verbal communication, and follow up skills.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skillset.
City Club Apartment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, City Club Apartments will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.